- How many of you resolve each year that you will attempt to study the Quran?
- Can you imagine the joy you will feel when you understand what is being recited in the tarawih prayers this Ramadan?
- Are you aware of the key messages and lessons of each surah in the Quran?
- How can you engage with the Quran for your personal development?
- Is there a ‘crash course’ on the Quran you can attend?
In these 4 days you will learn:
- 1000 arabic words of the Quran
- Key stories, messages and lessons of the Quran
- Summary and overview of all 114 surahs
- Personal development lessons from the Quran
- How to benefit from the Quran in your daily life
Register for Journey through the Quran and enrich your understanding of this Divine Book.
Course content and overview:
The course will give an overview of the structure, themes and guidance contained in each of the 114 chapters of the Noble Qur’an. This is to be achieved through systematic study of each of the chapters. In particular we will be looking at
- how Surah names are related to each Surah and the historical contexts of their revelation (Asbab al-Nuzul);
- the inter-textual relationship and coherence (Nazm) between verses of each Surah and the relationship with preceding / following Surahs;
- cross-referencing to other parts of the Qur’an in order to demonstrate how the “Qur’an explains the Qur’an”;
- explanation of key passages in each chapter; practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from each Surah.
- We will also be discussing linguistic and stylistic devices (Balaghah) used in the Qur’an, and some of the problems with translation and having alternative plausible interpretations.